The Georgian National Commission for UNESCO is composed of 12 members: the President, Vice-President, Secretary-General and members of the Commission. The members of the Commission are representatives of governmental authorities and organs of Georgia, associations and non-governmental organizations, as well as independent experts. The President of the Commission is the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia. The Commission meets twice a year.
Members of Georgian National Commission for UNESCO :
- Mr. Mikheil Janelidze- President of the Commission, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia;
- Ms. Khatuna Totladze- Vice-President of the Commission, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia;
- Mr. Nikoloz Antidze - General Director of National Agency of Cultural Heritage Protection;
- Ms. Maia Bitadze - Deputy Minister of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia;
- Mr. Revaz Javelidze - Deputy Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs of Georgia;
- Ms. Ketevan Kandelaki - Secretary General, Director of the International Cultural and Humanitarian Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia;
- Mr. David Lortkipanidze – General Director of the Georgian National Museum;
- Mr. Peter Metreveli – First Secretary General of the Commission;
- Ms. Manana Mikaberidze – Deputy Director-General of Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation;
- - Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Georgia;
- Ms. Rusudan Tsurtsumia – Director of the International Research Center for Traditional Polyphony;
- Mr. Levan Kharatishvili – Deputy Minister of Culture and Monuments Protection of Georgia.